Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Children's pool at the Newcastle Ocean Baths beside the Pacific Ocean

These images of the Children's po0l in winter were taken 2 days ago on my trip to Newcastle. I have drawn and painted here and worked in my studio on this theme so made a point to visit here. The day was so bright and yet few people were around so I had a chance to sit quietly and enjoy the space.








I love the way the moss and algae forms on the side of the pool and pathway...adding this intense green to the view. I find the movement of light on the water completely mesmerising, especially with  the area so quiet on this visit and nothing to distract me from my reverie

4 comments:

Chrissy Foreman C said...

oh my, look at those colours!!!
I can see how much they influenced your work
How was your trip?

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Chrissy,
the colours are amazing...it was incredible to see this spot again...and realise that I hadn't dreamed up the colour of those mossy pool edges...with the water, ocean, rock pools and sky all such a feast for the eye.
I have quite a number of things to post after such a short trip...it was an excellent catch up....thank you!
See you very soon.
Sophie x

Novi On The Go said...

Beautiful pictures! Love the glistening water and the green!

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks Novi...just had a look at your lovely blog! Again! It really is like a travelogue for your corner of Canada with the amazing images you post of weather, landscapes, places, interiors and such.
I had trouble deciding which of many images to post on the pool!
best,
Sophie