Launched May 1st, 2009 with a tentative start... this blog evolved into a space to bring things I'm curious about or fascinated with whilst adapting to life in a new city, a new direction with my work and in the online realm. Early on postings were frequent and wide-ranging in focus. Attention slowly spread to new online engagements as ideas developed and formats trialled to extend those ideas. However, this blog has always remained at the centre of all that followed ...the conversations, journeys and glimpses into creative worlds generated here have long enriched my days beyond all imagining and I return always to pick up the thread with gratitude for the experience and for those who've passed through, perhaps joined up or stopped to converse!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Children's pool at the Newcastle Ocean Baths beside the Pacific Ocean

These images of the Children's po0l in winter were taken 2 days ago on my trip to Newcastle. I have drawn and painted here and worked in my studio on this theme so made a point to visit here. The day was so bright and yet few people were around so I had a chance to sit quietly and enjoy the space.








I love the way the moss and algae forms on the side of the pool and pathway...adding this intense green to the view. I find the movement of light on the water completely mesmerising, especially with  the area so quiet on this visit and nothing to distract me from my reverie

4 comments:

Chrissy Foreman C said...

oh my, look at those colours!!!
I can see how much they influenced your work
How was your trip?

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Chrissy,
the colours are amazing...it was incredible to see this spot again...and realise that I hadn't dreamed up the colour of those mossy pool edges...with the water, ocean, rock pools and sky all such a feast for the eye.
I have quite a number of things to post after such a short trip...it was an excellent catch up....thank you!
See you very soon.
Sophie x

Novi On The Go said...

Beautiful pictures! Love the glistening water and the green!

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks Novi...just had a look at your lovely blog! Again! It really is like a travelogue for your corner of Canada with the amazing images you post of weather, landscapes, places, interiors and such.
I had trouble deciding which of many images to post on the pool!
best,
Sophie