Wednesday, July 22, 2009

and the corn is as high as an elephant's eye...

image from Bliss post: july 21

Yolanda Heuzen describes herself as  "Garden writer, garden and interior designer and translator, gardening in heavy clay in Zone 8 and digging it!"
If you go look at her blog Bliss you will discover you are in for a treat and probably a spot of fun. She's a bit of a fan of "our" Hugh (Jackman that is !) I guess if your'e not that into gardens, good food, Hugh, photos of her gorgeous dogs and eclectic posts then this is not the blog for you. Me...well i'm a fan!

image from 7th of July post: Heatwave

6 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for the free PR, I appreciate it. And how wonderful to discover that Bliss has an Aussie fan! I have many relatives living in Oz so it's a continent quite close to my heart.

I noticed it's Wednesday already with you while it's still Thursday here (half past 5 in the afternoon).

I'll link with your blog as I like it a lot.

G'day! ;-)

Sophie Munns said...

Great to hear from you Yolanda!

I've had such pleasure reading your blog!

There are many horticulturally oriented people from the Nederlands living on the fringe of Melbourne I well remember- and no doubt in other regions too- producing stock for nurseries and florists. Its a strong association I have...
I took it you meant to write tuesday in place of thursday...my brain plays these tricks with me too!

It really is a day here for me to go round singing "oh what a beautiful morning...."
thanks for the fun as well as images to sigh over!
Sophie

Yvonne Anderson said...

Love the flowers in the second pic. I will check out Yolanda's blog!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Grin and oopsie, yes of course I meant Tuesday. ;-)

Not surprised to read that are quite a few Dutchies in the Melbourne area, you'll find us almost everywhere on this beautiful planet of ours.

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks for the comment Yvonne...hope you are feeling fine again now!
Sophie

Sophie Munns said...

Yolanda, I just noticed your second message ...tuesday ..thursday...w h a t e v e r !
Have a peek at this fantastic project - www.greenhousebyjoost.com -that ran in Melbourne over the summer just gone. It was the innovation of the son of Dutch immigrants to the flower growing community east of Melbourne . What I have read of his story and work is very fascinating.Enjoy those summer days Yolanda!
best,
Sophie