Thursday, December 10, 2009

damn I wish I thought of that

I'm jealous of Carylann Loeppky  is a post from THE jealous curator which I just found through the lovely Nathalie at Nathalieetcetera.blogspot.com whose blog image below is of snowfall in Montreal where she lives and creates. Looking at her images made me feel nostalgic...although I must admit I have spent less than 10 days around snow in my life! These past few days it seems many North Americans have been posting images of the snow whilst we are coping with the heat here. This cosy cafe looks quite inviting!                                           
carylannloeppkyanyway...back to the jealous curator whose blog description reads 'a collection                                                                            of art work that inspires and depresses me. I know its good when I'm left thinking                                                                              DAMN I WISH I  THOUGHT OF THAT'. All the painted portraits are from Carrylann                                                           Loeppky - I do love that wall of mostly miniature portraits.

12 comments:

nathalie et cetera said...

wow! thank you Sophie!

Sophie Munns said...

Ah Nathalie.... a little surprise or you.
I was going to tell you...but it was late and I was so sleepy I didn't get to you first.
Keep warm in all that cold weather you're having!
S

Sophie Munns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi Sophie... Your blog is utterly amazing...I have been touring through but haven't seen everything yet... I love the range you cover... as I believe no matter what art form... they all overlap or influence in evolving ways everything else we touch.

thank you

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Gwen,
lovely to hear from you!
When I found your blog I was taken with your home that seems you have crafted extensively yourselves, the ambience of your part of the cosmos, a post on the dragon fly which I sent to a blog friend as she is into these creatures, and then I noticed the variety 0f blog lists you have which cultivated - this is something I very much relate to as I find it hard not to be interested in the whole picture to some extent.
will visit again for sure Gwen!
best,
Sophie

Caterina Giglio said...

ah yes snow, snow and more snow!

Parisa said...

Thanks Sophie for the pics and links,all are amazing!

Sophie Munns said...

Hello La Dolce Vita,
your snow images are amazing from the ther day...and the Robert frost poem with it!
Lovely!
S

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks for visiting Parisa!
Your Music card and Sadness card designs are very intriguing images....and the wise card. I was trying to imagine where you are from and thinking Europe!
best wishes,
S

Janis said...

Sophie, this is brilliant... so often I say to myself, "damn I wish I thought of that" and get jealous ... universal feeling I guess and such a great concept for a blog!

No snow here, pretty much ever! And you are not alone Miss Sophie... I've probably spent less than 5 days in the snow my whole life. Ah, maybe it's time for a change :)

Thank you, thank you for your sweet comments... I always look forward to seeing your name pop up in my comment section! xoxo.

Have a good week

Sophie Munns said...

Isn't it inspired Janis to call a blog something as simple and universal as this. Its like it gets the murky stuff spoken and out of the way.
Acknowledging such things, having a chuckle...it does seem to lighten things up a bit!
Ah....no snow in SF? Its gets cold there does it not? I flew into SF in 1986 and stayed 10 days...beginning of september - lovely - foggy morning though! its a very lovely region and I would happily return!
Your are such a tonic...life is good with janis visiting! Cup of tea?
S x

Sophie Munns said...

Oh dear La Dolce Vita...it was not Robert Frost but Ralph Waldo Emerson I am sorry - and yes...stunning photos! I just loked at the post again of your and remembered my mistake!
S