Thursday, August 13, 2009

Undercover Painter on Ian Fairweather

Recently I viewed an excellent documentary film on ABC  TV (Australia) called Fairweather Man which I was reminded of tonight when reading a compellingly well written post dated August 4th by Undercover Painter.  Do take a look! I hope to find a DVD of this film and watch it again sometime soon. Thanks for the inspiration Undercover Painter!

On loan … Carousel by Ian Fairweather, owned by the Landau family.

Carousel by Ian Fairweather -I didn't find a date with this work...perhaps an earlier painting.

House by the Sea   Ian Fairweather  1968 from his later mature work.

2 comments:

undercover painter said...

I'm glad you liked it! The doc was fab as is the newly revised book. Have you seen it?

Sophie Munns said...

Hi UP. I have seen the book but not at length...sitting in a comfy chair and being able to read and ponder would be wonderful in the company of this book!
cheers,
Sophie