Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the colour pink


Pink is a colour I'm not so drawn to on its own...however I love its capacity to shock or marry stunningly well with the most unusual combinations...say like brown and pink, or olive green with certain pinks. Here I found 2 images  I've recently taken that are a kind of tribute to the colour pink. 7 yr old Tom last week in art class bounded from the back verandah where we were working down the the back garden and came back with these botanical specimen which he proceeded to lay out on the page with great care (note the petal that looks like a shell due to the wavey lines imprinted on it...it seemed to be trodden on- hence the imprint). Textas were then employed and at the end Tom looked apologetically at me and said "sorry Sophie...I did my drawing too small! "
I, however, was just delighted...having witnessed this entire whimsical process...all his own...from the thought of drawing something from the garden through to his reflections on the work!.  We discussed why it was actually so fascinating and he proudly took home the page, open, with flowers in situ! 

This plate of cupcakes was made by Gaia, daughter of friends of mine,  for her sister's birthday in the park...I liked the way the colours worked...several pinks in a curious colour arrangement! It really caught my eye...edible art indeed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love pink!! Its my second favourite (after purple).
He's made a really nice 'little' piece of art!!
Cheers, Karen

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks for the comment Karen! Its one of those colours that cant help but usually catch your eye. I sent you the link to that dragon fly garden blog I found today too...so have a peek! I have gekkos running around my studio at the moment...haven't seen any dragonflys in a while!
ciao,
Sophie