Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pia and the city for sore eyes


Pia, of the wonderful weblog Pia Jane Bijkerk fame, caught my attention tonight. I just happened to look in on her charming blog  and ...where had she been posting from? Not Paris or London or somewhere in proximity to her home in (currently) Amsterdam - she had been in my neck of the woods with her camera and taking some really fascinating photographs.
I am going to share a couple but suggest you visit Pia's blog to see the whole series - they're good! Her images are special indeed.

PJB_brisbaneriver1

visit here for more from Pia on Brisbane.

PJB_brisbaneriver9

Now you must go on her walk in the rainforest here... it'll make you sigh deeply and breathe out!

PJB_lamington1

I told you it was worth it!  Pia's blog is full of treasures - with many links off in different directions. It has a peaceful quality which makes for pleasant reading and it was certainly a treat to see this familiar city through different eyes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh - I'm going to look at her pics of my city! Thanks :-)

Sophie Munns said...

The Lamington Plateau soundscape with images is a gem Karen.
Enjoy!
S