Launched May 1st, 2009 with a tentative start... this blog evolved into a space to bring things I'm curious about or fascinated with whilst adapting to life in a new city, a new direction with my work and in the online realm. Early on postings were frequent and wide-ranging in focus. Attention slowly spread to new online engagements as ideas developed and formats trialled to extend those ideas. However, this blog has always remained at the centre of all that followed ...the conversations, journeys and glimpses into creative worlds generated here have long enriched my days beyond all imagining and I return always to pick up the thread with gratitude for the experience and for those who've passed through, perhaps joined up or stopped to converse!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Undercover Painter on Ian Fairweather

Recently I viewed an excellent documentary film on ABC  TV (Australia) called Fairweather Man which I was reminded of tonight when reading a compellingly well written post dated August 4th by Undercover Painter.  Do take a look! I hope to find a DVD of this film and watch it again sometime soon. Thanks for the inspiration Undercover Painter!

On loan … Carousel by Ian Fairweather, owned by the Landau family.

Carousel by Ian Fairweather -I didn't find a date with this work...perhaps an earlier painting.

House by the Sea   Ian Fairweather  1968 from his later mature work.

2 comments:

Undercover Painter said...

I'm glad you liked it! The doc was fab as is the newly revised book. Have you seen it?

Sophie Munns said...

Hi UP. I have seen the book but not at length...sitting in a comfy chair and being able to read and ponder would be wonderful in the company of this book!
cheers,
Sophie