Monday, September 20, 2010

sending a thank you south!


Aha! More downloaded photos ... the drought has well and truly broken! These are from Melbourne last week... feels like yesterday!


Jesse with portrait

You may well ask who this is? 

His name is Jesse and he came along to the Alumni Show last week as my friend CC had hung her portrait of him in the show and thought to invite him along. The very charming Jesse was spotted by CC and a photo led to the portrait... and his subsequent attendance. The crowd enjoyed placing him as the subject of the drawing and so he became a celebrity for a night.


Jesse with the artist CC
CC or Carolyn Cardinet is a lovely friend from VU whom I studied with back in 2000. Spirited and full of life the Visual Arts Alumni was born out of her enthusiasm and nurtured along with her consistent effort. Now I'm wishing I took photos when visiting her studio as this photo of the portrait does not do it justice... (apologies CC!)

Painting by Janita Ryan
Also in the show was this work above (I've misplaced the catalogue to check the title). As I said in an earlier post my days in Melbourne were so relaxed I forgot to photograph my friends in their wonderful studios. As I bid farewell I suddenly remembered the images I wished to take with me... So a rather hurried shot of Janita was taken (below)



More of Janita's work can be viewed here.

Thank you to kind friends for excellent hospitality and good company, to the People at VU for hosting a wonderful night and to the delightful friends I also managed to connect with. 



3 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Great to see the portrait, the artist AND the subject. It certainly got my attention!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Robyn....
Despite my poor camera skills and the portrait suffering from too much light it was the last of a number of photos I took of CC and Jesse so they had becpme playful and posed so well for this one.
Glad you liked this line up... it was fun - and like you say it is fascinating - people did like meeting jesse on the night too!!
S

xxx said...

I love the polar bear painting... it's intriguing.