Sunday, July 4, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

   PRESS RELEASE:  POSTCARDS ARE IN THE MAIL - MAKING THEIR WAY FROM PLACES BOTH NEAR AND FAR!!!!  Its not too late... read more here!!! 


Take a peek here at a few of the senders. More will be added ... I'm not going to miss anyone! Note: these images are from the blogger's sites -  not necessarily of their postcards!) And...it seriously is not too late... they are going to have more that one showing!!!


from passage paradis in L.A.



 from Garden Fool in NYState























From Ro Bruhn in Melbourne, Australia



from the plum tree in India



from Sandra Pearce in Brisbane



from nathalie et cetera in Montreal

asclepiades by nathalie et cetera.

from nourish me in Melbourne

Ginkgo custards by Lucinda Dodds.

 from blue china studio in Northern California



from  sanne van winden in the Netherlands



from home made rainbows in Brisbane

red by HomemadeRainbows.

from send me seeds pip In Melbourne



So ... this is as exciting as Xmas when you're 5 years old... I'm so delighted people were kind enough to tell others and pass on the word... and find time in their busy lived to actually make something happen !!!! Some people were off on breaks and yet still soread the word even if they could not contribute...such a lovely gesture ... Much appreciated everyone!

Tomorrow I'll be over at the gardens checking mail ...so dont worry about being later...there's still time!

... there's more to share with you...but due to the fact my feet are freezing on this cold winter morning...and I must away to go and cook Lime Delicious to take to a special luncheon where people are bringing food made up of (as much as possible) ingredients from their own backyards! I'm the ring in person who has been given eggs from someone's back yard (no hen's here!) and limes from my friend's place... my kaffir lime is not yet producing!
Normally this time of year avocados would be falling of the tree...they did last year...but sadly not this one!
So Lime delicious it is... will try to get some good pics for you!

Have a great Sunday everyone! And happy July 4th those of you on that part of the globe!

12 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Thank you for the link Sophie and for showing my work, it's a great project. Good Luck with the show.

Sophie Munns said...

Delighted to link you Ro... really appreciated you generously extending the call out to your sphere and this lovely work I posted!
S

blue china studio happy said...

Oh so fun to see a few things that people have done. Just a beautiful collection.

Thanks for posting mine!

Hope your feet thaw out. :-)

Jacilyn

nathalie et cetera said...

I'm glad I'm not late! I intend to work on this today.
p.s. the photo you put there is from Castle Cat Studio. My partner took this one :)

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Jacylin,
I'm off in the morning to see what has arrived at the gardens!
A few people were worried about postage dates... but I am fine because this show is on for 7 days in all and will be easy to run at another time... to make the most of people's wonderful contribution.
Nothing will go unshown!
Warm feet tonight!
cheers,
Sophie

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Nathalie...
oh... that was a silly error for which I am very sorry...
I shall find another image and change it tomorrow...I was rushing through today and trying to find all the blog addresses and info and people in a great hurry.. alas ... I got that mixed up didn't I?
Thanks Nat!
S

nathalie et cetera said...

no problem about the image. since it's about seeds, you can use this one
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathalieetcetera/4121319381/in/set-72157613371691156/

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This post was such a pleasure to read...enjoy it all and the "lime delicious"!

Sophie Munns said...

Lovely to hear from you Maryanne!
The lime delicious was ...delicious...and so were all the wonderful things people made.
I took photos and was sent images by others...so will have to post on this for sure.... lovely day...and came home with happy memories, a bag of limes, lime pickles, buddha fruit, seedpods and other bits and pieces... just wonderful! The home where we gathered is 30 mins from the sity ....has an amazingly productive garden and wood working studio and they work hard at all kinds of earthy enterprises.... and share with friends...
Just wonderful!
Sophie

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks Nathalie...
your image is now up...wondeful!
S

ArtPropelled said...

Such exciting images Sophie! I will never manage to carve and post one in time, (I really had contemplated carving a postcard and taking a chance with sending wood to Australia)but have posted a note in my sidbar and look forward to seeing all the postcards posted on your blog.

Sophie Munns said...

Thats wonderful Robyn...
I cant believe you would even contemplate carving a postcard... that is amazing to contemplate! You already paid me the honour of inclusion in a wonderful earlier post which people have told me they so enjoyed visiting.... this is so lovely of you to add a sidebar mention.... You have single-handedly gotten so many people all over the place talking seed-pods after that profile on all the artists works...!
Your generosity is much appreciated!
Sophie