Launched May 1st, 2009 with a tentative start... this blog evolved into a space to bring things I'm curious about or fascinated with whilst adapting to life in a new city, a new direction with my work and in the online realm. Early on postings were frequent and wide-ranging in focus. Attention slowly spread to new online engagements as ideas developed and formats trialled to extend those ideas. However, this blog has always remained at the centre of all that followed ...the conversations, journeys and glimpses into creative worlds generated here have long enriched my days beyond all imagining and I return always to pick up the thread with gratitude for the experience and for those who've passed through, perhaps joined up or stopped to converse!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 21, 2010

underground rediscovered, Sydney

If ever I found myself stuck underground waiting awhile at these train stations in central Sydney years ago I would most certainly be wishing I was elsewhere ...
There nothing like good design in public transport. I think the photographer got creative here though - bringing these places to life with the camera. I wonder where one finds the best public transport systems around  the globe. I dont travel enough to know these days. I always loved the old rattlers - as they were known - or wooden trams of Melbourne when I lived there... the seating arrangement and seriously worn-in look was the stage for frequent drama and conversation.





those stairs, escalators and walkways can be very drab - great angles here.




I loved discovering these images from yellowtrace earlier this month. Do have a look at the entire post and read the background to these photos if you are curious. I was impressed - seems it was a photography class exercise.... a student!!
This series makes me smile - almost feel nostalgic. Great Blog by the way with many eclectic categories but strong on design.
I found yellow trace through the lovely young Sydney based artist Renee Anne here

6 comments:

La Dolce Vita said...

as I am venturing out of my tiny town on tues to travel to Seattle and then take the ferry to Port Townsend, I am really enjoying these photos... gets me excited about the trip! the northwest has a great transportation system, trains and buses are awesome, but once I arrive, I will be walking as much as possible!
love the colorful graphics and the lighting in the station is magical!

Sophie Munns said...

I love the sound of this trip Cat!
Can I come?
no really - I'd be getting exciting about your expedition too - and the various modes of transport add to the pleasure - especially when its a great system.
The photographer did well with these ... frsh and energised!
Have a great trip Cat!
S

dana | yellowtrace blog said...

Hi Sophie,
I just saw this post - thank you for your little tribute to yellowtrace. I am trilled that you enjoy my site and particularly this post series - my husband will be very happy to hear that his photos are appreciated by others.
My best,
Dana.

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Dana,
When i finished posting on your lovely blog I thought i must write and tell you...so I am delighted you got here to see this first.

You have done an amazing job on your blog...do you work in the design industry? I must read 'about' you...!
I've always like the magazine/journal format and been a writer of journals for decades - image and text - but i have little computer skill to effectively set upa more sophisticated look...and so, given my other prioritis, dont let this bother me. Its a vehicle for communication...thats fine.

If I ever had time I would love to get tutored by someone clever and creative like you Dana!

Best wishes to you and your clever husband!
Sophie

em said...

thanks for the view below. i like what the photographer has done with the color saturation...

Sophie Munns said...

Interesting for sure Em...it kind of demands you look!
S