Thursday, October 22, 2009

Inspired by Karl Blossfeldt: Ceramic artist Astrid Dahl










Astrid Dahl is a South African based ceramic artist showing work in Liberty at London and such places since meeting Neville Tricket of Saint Verde  fame who introduced her to the photographic work of Botanist Karl Blossfeldt's images of magnified flowers, buds and seed pods. Last week I chanced upon the work of this artist and just now I discovered at art propelled  on an April 4/09 post this story re the Blossfeldt connection which anyone familiar with the archival material of this extraordinary photographer will recognise as the inspiration behind these ceramic pieces. See more work at Amaridian in New York and the artist's website. 



4 comments:

henriquewilding said...

do you have astrid's email?

Sophie Munns said...

Hi...I left the link at your blog just now!
S

Farrah hays said...

Hi my names Farrah :D I'm doing a power point/presentation for my ceramics class on you and
I was wondering what inspired you to do your work considering its a unique style?

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Farrah,
You will have to google the artist Astrid Dahl to find links to her website and hopefully her email. I wrote this post over 2 years ago and don't have her contact details.
best wishes to you!
Sophie