Thursday, June 23, 2011

news from the farm...


A note in my email in-tray this morning brought these photos with it.... from Nicki on her farm in the Darling Downs whose story has been on my blogs lately.  



See recent posts here and here. 


When I was staying there she said I probably wouldn't get to see the Koalas because of all the visitors staying! So I loved finding these photos in the email today!


" I will send more of my favourite farm pictures a few at a time... Koala in a tree only 4 years old. He gives me inspiration, below that is my favourite tree I will be chained to if the mines (mining company) come ..... the  last one is a tree skeleton at dusk recently."

She noted also that 3 front pages of today's newspapers were covering the story from the Downs re Mining: 
  

Hope you enjoy these photos from Nicki!



















5 comments:

nathalie et cetera said...

lovely!!!
and your tumblr page is getting better and better. i want to live in it!

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks Nat!
Im up really early reading this in my sleepy haze... sweet... you made me laugh...thank you!
S

Mlle Paradis said...

i'm late, but gorgeous, gorgeous photos!

i've been looting seed capsules again, naughty me!

Sophie Munns said...

Never to late over here Mlle P!
Been out all weekend...not sure how much time I've got for posting for awhile... so glad you've dipped into Seed Capsules... quite fun and interesting seeing what shows up over there!
ciao,
S

Lucy said...

SUCH a magic place - that koala, lit by golden sun, made me very happy this morning.