Friday, November 21, 2014

Special events during OPEN STUDIO WEEK!


Tomorrow, Saturday Nov 22nd the doors open at Midday for a 9 days Open Studio event. To bring further dimension to the Studio offerings there will be a Communal Drawing started tomorrow called #TheBigSeedDraw which you can read about below... and several Artist Talks which you can read about here!








artist talks at 
OPEN STUDIO WEEK
All talks are free ..simply rsvp to be sure of a seat and arrive early to take in what's happening at Seed.Art.Lab Studio during this event and ongoing! 


Over three afternoons later next week an Artist will be telling about their work with plants and nature... three very different stories, approaches and art practices. I hope you will enjoy this if you are able to join us at all!



+ wednesday 26th 1.30pm

Natural Fibre Artist Lesa Hepburn: talk + demo

Lesa is an artist working in handmade paper and natural plant fibres with a strong focus on sustainable arts practice working with available natural materials, recycled materials and low impact processes. 








Lesa Hepburn can be found at her website , 

I think you can see why I was delighted to have Lesa come and talk at Seed.Art.Lab next week. 



 
+ thursday 27th 2pm

Sophie Munns: How a life-long immersion in the journal process 
has shaped current project 'Homage to the Seed'


I have included an afternoon to talk about my work... obviously if you miss this but wish to come on another day... + any of the OPEN DAYS up until Xmas I can share some of the material with you then!




Some of my older journals



The Cairns journal

If you have visited my blogs or other sites you might have gathered that journals have long been important in my Art Practice ... this is a chance to see some of the journals from over the years and see how important that have been in the developing process of my ongoing practice and current project. The Studio Archive blog has referred often to the journal process.




+ friday 30th 2pm 
                  
Photographer Renata Buziak :


'Biochromes' ~ where nature + photography meet.



I got to know Renata in 2010 when on residency at Mt Coot-tha, Brisbane Botanic Gardens. She had been Artist-in-Residence there in 2008 and I've followed her journey over the last number of years with fascination ... this year reconnecting when both of us were working in a School AIR Project.

I'm very pleased to have her come on the Friday next week for a personal glimpse into her work, her exciting approach and unique vision of nature.





Yellow Buttons : Renata Buziac

Renata Buziak can be found at her website and on Facebook.


PLEASE BOOK A SEAT to these free talks... it will greatly help with out organisation on the day! ph: 0430 599 344 or email!



ON OFFER NOW:




I'm delighted to have new work available in archival quality Limited Edition Prints.

Ask for more information!



And to finish off ... 

about the Big Seed Draw ... #thebigseeddraw




You can always find my on Instagram and FB at Homage to the Seed. 

cheers,
     Sophie




4 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

sophie, as usual, i am amazed by your energy and the wonderful studio stuff happening. wish i could drop by...

Sophie Munns said...

So much easier when in one's own home Studio Velma! Was thinking how lovely it would be to sit and stare out at your snow and enjoy cups of tea and conversation with you my dear!

Keep warm up there in that cold, cold country!

S xx

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh my you are so productive... your journal is fabulous.. so wish I could stop by!! xox

Sophie Munns said...

It would be my dream to have you lovely northern hemisphere artists to visit... anytime... door is always open Caterina! xx
ps thanks for sweet comments!