Sunday, October 2, 2011

Indian summer on the English Riviera

Hello everyone... 
its been very quiet on this front in the last week... 
lots of late nights working, packing to get on a plane to the UK midweek. 

A great stopover in Korea... am really looking forward to spending 3 days there on my return!  

Then a Thursday evening arrival at Heathrow... (not) fun finding my way to wonderful B & B accommodation In Shepherd's Bush... photos soon!

Yesterday I took the midday train from Paddington to St Ives and LOVED that trip...relaxing and scenic... no rushing! The temp in London for 3 days has been around 28 ...thursday Kew gardens had the highest temperatures... 28.8 degrees. I was hanging about Kensington and  Chelsea next day and it was hot.. had a picnic lunch in Kensington gardens to enjoy the cooler air under the trees.
Borrowed inage!

borrowed image... but I did travel by train along this route!


I'm staying at a wonderful hotel just near this view... took lots of photos before it got too dark last night...
gotta run now... pack up my room and go see the day.

Cheerio all!
S x

















11 comments:

DeMosae said...

Great to hear you've arrived safe and sound and are even getting a bit of summer. The train photo reminds me of Paul Theroux's "The Kingdom by the Sea" in which he travels around in trains like that which run scenically along the coastlines, marveling at the quaint English habits.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Welcome to the UK Sophie. I hope this indian summer continues so that you can see it at its wonderful autumn best.Shall look forward to keeping up with your travels. Hope you have a fabulous visit! Lesley

Valerianna said...

Wonderful, I'll enjoy traveling vicariously with you... easeful and inspiring journey to you!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This has been a marvelous post...thank you for sharing these sites...I'm not a good traveler so this has been fun to dream along.

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks for popping in all you lovely people.

Tonight I have just sat down in the pub for dinner beside the most amazing old harbour at a place called Charlestown. Tomorrow i will go to the Eden Project ... and also inspect this little harbour which was so atmospheric i gasped at the sight of it.... Felt like I had stepped back a few hundred years.

Ive had a fabulous day...so will be posting on that for sure...
if i don't pop over straight say to say hello ...please forgive my slowness at the moment.
S x

Mlle Paradis said...

You made it! And hit the ground running apparently! Not even napping in the park?!

A train straight down to Cornwall (BRAVO - never been!)

If you make it to Kew, give it kisses and hugs for me, one of my fave places in the world. Hope the sunny weather lasts a bit more for you!

xoxo C.

Carole Reid said...

Glad you arrived safely. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I've been out of it and had no idea how much I had missed. So glad you arrived safely! I showed your book to a friend of mine who is the director of a college library in New Mexico. He loved it. Simply love it!

roz said...

that train ride ...woohoo!

ArtPropelled said...

Glad you are off to a good start. I also loved St Ives. (Try to see Polperro in Cornwall too).Can't wait to follow your trip and live vicariously through you.

xxx said...

Beautiful Sophie... I am so very excited for you!!! This is wonderful news and you are the perfect person for this adventure. I know that you will keep us posted.

Thanks for all that you do.
I admire your creative talents.

Have fun and the best of luck with it all.

x Robyn