Wednesday, February 2, 2011

watching, waiting, hoping...

When I think of Northern Queensland I think of the trip to see the Great Barrier Reef that I have not yet made ... I'd like to say that was me snorkling on a recent trip up north... but no! Its where I hope to make a visit this year though!
Tonight, with a severe cyclone bearing down on the region around Cooktown to Mackay, (see map) all many can think of is the night that has yet to be endured.... and the days to follow!

the great barrier reef

Thoughts and prayers tonight for the safety of our northern Queenslanders...

                                                                                                      ... these guys said it better than I!

 Therese_Rein 
I want to give Queensland a big hug.


The Qld coastline from the Gold Coast in the south to the northern tip



Image above from the blog of the author of this book below on the Great Barrier Reef.

... go to to blog here!




7 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Best of luck to you all... my thoughts are with you in this season of difficult & turbulent weather patterns.

Maggie Neale said...

Sophie, thinking of you and your country; more water and wind to endure. Best of luck and endurance!

Caterina Giglio said...

we are all praying here, hope it turns out better than expected and all is well. been watching the news and weather, hope my friend Kim will be ok too... xo

Sophie Munns said...

Thank you for your heart-warming words Sally!
... there are a lot of terrified people up north tonight.
Fingers crossed for them well and truly!
S


Maggie.... you are right about endurance.There's one town that took the brunt of a massive cyclone only 5 years ago that is feeling very anxious tonight in particular. That recent living memory brings a need for great forbearance tonight!
So nice to her from you!
S

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Caterina,
Ive forgotten where your friend is... Noosa or much further up! Hope she is fine too!
A very hard night for many and a long way from us here in Brisbane... but so many have rels up there.
Many are thinking of Katrina and wondering at the aftermath!
Thanks for your kind thoughts!
S x

Anonymous said...

I am finally caught up with all my stuff and thought I would drop by...#1. I like the new look on your blog. The color makes me think of Spring. #2. My thoughts are with all the folks in your country. You are really getting your share of bad luck and bad weather. Stay safe, calm, and happy! xo

Sophie Munns said...

I've been spring cleaning everything lately Mary! Trying to get more streamlined sidebars and info . So busy last year ... could not manage any of these tasks! This is wanting it to feel fresh for 2011... so thank you for the message! Fresh... spring...thats good. Its actually from my series on fluidity - water... ocean baths.
Its suddenly so hot and humid here hard not to think of swimming in some delicious pool of water. So now at last this blog looks/feels cool to visit!
ciao bella,
S